exploring death & dying
with Cynthia O’Connor
Sat & Sun, May 19 & 20, 2018,
9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Death and dying are experiences common to every human being ever born. Our contemporary culture tends to fear and look away from this natural transition. This workshop is an opportunity to explore death and dying with curiosity and with a shamanic perspective in a supportive, sacred environment. This is an experiential, initiatory workshop. It will include:
• Exploration of cosmologies of death and dying: Where do we go when we die?
• Examination of what constitutes a “good” death (and conversely, a “bad” death);
• Shamanic journeys to gain insight into how to prepare for a good death and how to help others prepare;
• Exploration of death and dying as transitional experiences;
• Introduction of the some of the compassionate spirit allies who assist with transitions;
• Opportunity to explore one of the important traditional roles of the shaman: that of “Psychopomp” or “conductor of souls.”
• Recommended Reading List.