Between Intentions: Curse & Thoughtform Unraveling
with Cindy O’Connor
Saturday, July 7, 2018
East Windsor, NJ
Many in our contemporary western world may scoff at the suggestion that a curse can limit their freedom to fully realize their potential. We say “curse,” and think of a scene out of Macbeth: we imagine some magical formula spewing from the mouths of witches, as they stir a caldron seething with evil intent. And we toss the idea of the “curse” into the dustbin of archaic superstition. What if, like Dictionary.com, we consider the word in a more contemporary context, as “the cause of evil, misfortune, or trouble”? What if we understand “curse” to represent the power of thought, and the power of the word (thought articulated), to manifest intention in the world?
Many of my clients are shocked to learn that the most powerful curses limiting their lives were placed by their loved ones, and by themselves. What more powerful curse can we imagine than “I am not good enough”? And where does this cursed – and extraordinarily common - belief come from, if not from those closest to us (our parents, our families, our teachers, ourselves)? “God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.” In this simple statement from Genesis, the western world points to the fundamental power of the word to create. “Abracadabra!” - the magical word we learned in childhood - translates as “I create as I speak,” or “It came to pass as it was spoken.” Positive affirmations are a foundational element of much of today’s culture of self-help. Narrative therapy is currently employed as an effective approach in the field of psychology. From Genesis, to the magical wishes of childhood, to contemporary science-based therapy, we see that the power of the word is recognized and honored.
In this workshop, we will explore how to create our own light: how to free ourselves of old, limiting patterns of thought and speech. We will reclaim life force that we have given to unhealthy beliefs, and reinvest our energies in healing thoughts and new dreams. This work is in the lineage of the ground-breaking compassionate teachings of Betsy Bergstrom. This is an experiential, initiatory workshop. It will rely on shamanic journey and constellation work, and will include:
• Establishing relationships with powerful spirit allies for guidance and protection while working in the Middle World;
• Examination of various kinds of curses and thoughtforms through history and across cultures (intentional, unintentional, professional, personal, ancestral, geographical, etc.)
• Techniques for discovering and deconstructing curses and thoughtforms;
• Clearing past life and ancestral patterns and curses;
• How to work safely with negative intentions, curses, and thoughtforms ;
• Divesting old dreams of their energy in order to reinvest in new dreams;
• Self-care and client care after clearing work;
• Recommended Reading List.
Prerequisites: Participants should have experience with shamanic journeying. Please bring a rattle, an eye covering, a journal, and a pen to this workshop. Please contact Cindy if you have questions, at 609.273.4399 or email@example.com.